To apply for a charitable grant, you must complete an application and supply specific documentation. All grant requests received by the Torchmark Benevolent Foundation are reviewed for approval by each affiliate Company’s Benevolent Foundation Committee. If and when the grant is approved, you also are required to complete a Grant Agreement.
In addition to completing an application, you must submit:
- Cover letter
- One or two page project proposal that details timeline, budget outline, anticipated project impact on stakeholders, and the number of individuals who will benefit from the funding
- Federal Tax Exemption Letter IRS 501(c)(3)
- List of Board of Directors
- Other supporting materials such as annual reports, brochures, flyers, press clippings, etc.
These materials are also listed on the Grant Application.
If your organization is requesting more than $10,000, you must complete a Supplemental Questionnaire and include the following with the application and other required materials:
- Copy of most recent IRS 990 filing
- Copy of most recent annual financial report filed with your state authority
- List of top 10 donors in current year from whom your organization has received or has pending donations
All charitable grant requests the Torchmark Benevolent Foundation receives are reviewed by each affiliate Company’s Benevolent Foundation Committee. Please contact the appropriate Committee Member for meeting deadlines.
The Torchmark Benevolent Fund does not make grants to:
- Organizations that lack the 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Political organizations, candidates, or lobbying efforts
- Fraternal or veterans’ organizations
- Sports teams
- National or international organizations, unless their programs have significant local impact
- Religious or sectarian organizations, unless they conduct programs secular in nature or have wide public impact
Making Grant Requests:
All grant requests must be made in writing. Phone calls are not accepted.
Submission of Requests:
Mail completed applications and required support materials to:
Torchmark Benevolent Foundation
P.O. Box 8080
McKinney, TX 75070-8080